Silver plated travelling cup, the blue leather carrying case opens to a collapsable gilt lined silver plated cup. Bears impressed maker’s mark for James Dixon’s of Sheffield.
English, circa 1880 - 1900
J Dixon & Sons (James Dixon & Sons), founded at Silver Street (1806) & Cornish Place (1822) in Sheffield, their registered trade mark since 1879 being a Trumpet with a Banner hanging from it. One of the foremost names in EPNS and sterling silver serving and tableware and also a world leader in manufacturing shooting accessories through nineteenth century and famous for their sporting trophies.
Please fill in the information below