Baggott Church Street Ltd

Tel: 01451 830370 or 01451 831106
Web site:

Vintage oak armorial shield for St. John’s College, Cambridge


Code: 1920


H: 13" (33 cm)W: 9.5" (24.1 cm)

Vintage oak armorial shield for St.John's College, Cambridge, hand painted and gilded, being the arms of the foundress,  Lady Mary Beaufort, mother of King Henry V11. Founded in 1511, bears the Beaufort arms undifferenced : Quarterly France Modern and England within a bordure company argent and azure.
By A.W.Crisp & Co., Kings Parade, Cambridge.
English, circa 1900