Baggott Church Street Ltd

Tel: 01451 830370 or 01451 831106
Web site:

Vintage armorial oak shield for for Emmanuel College, Cambridge


Code: 1922


H: 8" (20.3 cm)W: 6.5" (16.5 cm)

Vintage armorial oak shield, hand painted and gilded coat of arms for Emmanuel College, Cambridge, founded by Sir Walter Mildmay in 1584.  Here the lion rampant shown on a black background with laurel garland and crossed arrows between the front legs, the dexter foreleg raised.
By A.W.Crisp & Co., Heraldic Artists, 16 King’s Parade, Cambridge
English, circa 1900